Because you, or your organization, wish to associate with professional engineers with an interest in national defense and in many engineering-related fields. Joining SAME can lead to the following benefits:
- To learn about current and emerging capabilities and needs of government, military, and private sector engineers;
- To participate in professional, technical, and educational workshops and conferences, and earn credit for doing so;
- Networking to help establish partnering, teaming and mentor-protege relationships, and other business development opportunities;
- To expand the capacity of government and industry to respond to emergencies and catastrophes; and
- To receive professional publications produced by The Society and participate in its job referral/resume matching service and several affinity benefit programs.
How to Join
Simply complete an application for either Individual Membership, Sustaining Membership (Corporate), or Sustaining Membership (Public Agency). For membership applications, recruiting information, or information on our recruiting campaign, please contact our post membership committee leads.
Individual Memberships are offered in four (4) categories:
- Regular Member (age 36 or above)
- Young Member (under age 36)
- Student member (in full-time course of study)
- Life Member
Sustaining memberships are offered in two (2) categories:
- Corporate (Private Sector); each firm or business can designate five (5) individuals as its members.
- Public Agency (federal, state, county, municipal government or military organization); each can designate six (6) individuals as its members.
Memberships are also available for non-profit organizations. All who join become members of SAME National and a Post—a double benefit (unless they elect an At Large designation).
For National SAME applications and further information please check the links below.
- For all of the Membership Types below:
- Individual Membership (including uniform, public sector civilian, private industry)
- Sustaining Member Company (including small, medium and large business)
- Public Agency Membership
- Non-Profit Organization Membership
- Academic Institution Membership
- Renew Your Membership
- Update Individual Membership Information
- Update Corporate Membership Information