The Peter Kiewit Institute and the Society of American Military Engineers Student Mentoring Program is looking for mentors to stimulate the interest of middle school and high school students in engineering, architecture and related sciences. Engineers, architects or scientists willing to mentor about an hour each week from September through April are needed for the student teams. Mentors use their training to advise the students on team work, sustainable design, presentation skills and the use of graphic materials, model development, cost estimating, and technical writing.
Please consider mentoring if you would like to:
- Promote your profession
- Plant a seed for a real-world project
- Watch the light bulbs come on as students work through their projects
- Give back to your community and society
- Add evidence of your industry commitment to your resume
- Be eligible for up to 30 Professional Development Hours
Respond to the Program Administrator at SAMEsmp@gmail.com or (402) 554-2098.
Additional information on the Student Mentoring Program may be obtained at http://www.pki.nebraska.edu/simp/